We’re officially three weeks into the new year and I think I’ve finalized my 2012 resolutions, which I am calling my to-do list. The past weeks have been a bit hectic- which in reality means a lot of fun- but I’ve recently had some time to sit and think.
Instead of boring you with the extended version of this list, here is a highlight.
1) Become a Yogi. I made it a goal last year to start running, for the most part I was successful. I ran in a few races, but I can still handle to run more. This year I want to throw in yoga. After reading up on the practice and learning about all the benefits, I’m pretty excited to start. Instead of investing in a membership somewhere, I’m going to take this slow. I purchased a Jillian Michaels Yoga DVD. If I can stick with this for three months, then I can commit to a membership. I’m also thinking by the end of the year if yoga is still in my life, then a brand new outfit from Lululemon will be a nice reward.
2). Wear heels more. Sadly I learned from dressing up during the holidays that heels have become foreign objects to my feet. I didn’t realize how often I picked flats over heels. So it’s time to build up my collection and strut more. Hopefully my boyfriend won’t mind the increase in my height.
3) Find a signature lipstick color. Currently sitting in my make-up case are about 5 different lipsticks and none are being used. That just doesn’t seem right. I’ll be on a mission to find a great color to use year round.
4) DIY it up. I had so much fun making Christmas gifts that I haven’t been able to stop searching other crafts to make. DIY projects and decorating is a fun and creative hobby that I’d like to continue. Plus I have a box of left over materials that need to be used.
5) Eat at a new place once a month. Austin is full of restaurants and I always end up at the same places. Driving around one day I spotted about five places that looked amazing. I’ve already warned my friends that once a month we will venture out together to a discover these places. I’m taking friends along just in case the food isn’t good, I will have good company.
6) Finally, blog more! Enough said.