I noticed that within the last three blog posts, I’ve covered the topic of Pinterest. This tells me two things:
- I need to step it up and blog more
- I’ve become completely over the top obsessed with Pinterest like every other female
Frames! Frames! Frames!
I found a picture of this frame decoration on Pinterest back when I first signed up. I have a blank wall in my bedroom that I knew this creation would be perfect for. I sent it over to my dad to get his opinion, because he has all the tools needed to make it. I thought of creating it using pieces of wood from Home Depot instead of hunting down frames, but my dad advised against it. I’m glad he did, because half the fun was searching garage sales and thrift stores for frames. We took our time searching, so within a month there were enough frames to work with.
Last Sunday afternoon I went over to my parents house with frames and spray paint in hand. First step was stripping down the frames (removing pictures, nails, etc.). Second step was arranging the frames. Third step was figuring out a color for each frame (using a Sharpie pen to label the color on the frame). Fourth step was spray painting each frame. Helpful note, take a picture of the frame arrangement so when it’s time to put it back together you don’t have to guess on what you decided.
We set aside the frames to dry around the garage. The next day, my dad took over and used screws to connect the frames on the backside so they wouldn’t show once hung up. I’m so excited about the outcome- it looks great hanging in my bedroom. One less wall to worry about decorating!
- Ten frames and four cans of spray paint $34
I believe it was Erica Domesek from P.S. I Made This that posted this list. It’s a great daily reminder, so I made a large list to keep inspired.
- White canvas and Sharpie paint pens $23
Today is the day filled with hearts, pink things, flowers, candy, and overall warm fuzzy feelings. I hope everyone had a great day. For the first time in a long time I have a very special person to share it with. During the week the boyfriend and I are in different cities, so we celebrated our first Valentine’s day together this past weekend.
Gift giving is always a challenge, because I always want gifts to be unique. Luckily I pulled off another successful gift. His occupation is a campaign manager, which is can be quite stressful- think Ryan Gosling in Ides of March minus the crazy drama- so I put together a survival kit complete with ties, iTunes gift card, sugar, and liquor.
Saturday night the two of us dressed up and went downtown for dinner and drinks. I have to admit even though I dread putting on heels, I throughly enjoy dressing up. Oh and the shopping part is enjoyable as well. Last minute I ended up at Kohl’s and found a cute patterned dress by Apt. 9 on the sale rack. I was attracted to the color, the pockets, and the price- $7!
Not only did my boyfriend, plan a great evening, he also brought me some great gifts. I liked it all, but his card was the best. It was cute and his personal message was great.
Happy Valentine’s Day- what did you do to celebrate?
Took a screen shot of it………
Bought the nail colors and copied it.
Hello. My name is Christine and I am addicted to Pinterest. I’ve invested so much time into this website, written down countless recipes, saved snapshots of decorating ideas, and I’m sure I’ve annoyed my friends with over using the sentence “I saw this great idea on Pinterest.” If you use this site I’m positive you can relate.
Here are two inexpensive decorating ideas pulled from pins.
This organization idea was meant for gift wrapping supplies, but I used it for office supplies. My desk was getting crowded and I wanted more space. This turned out to be perfect.
- Shower rack $12.99 (Marshall’s)
- Pencil Cup holders $3.99 (Wal-Mart)
- Decorative ribbon $1.49 (Wal-Mart)
I had stared at this blank wall for way to long and I wasn’t finding any pictures that fit with my living room. This pin idea couldn’t have come at a better time. I already had a stack of magazines lying around, so all that was missing was hangers.
- Set of three $4.89 (Target)
We’re officially three weeks into the new year and I think I’ve finalized my 2012 resolutions, which I am calling my to-do list. The past weeks have been a bit hectic- which in reality means a lot of fun- but I’ve recently had some time to sit and think.
Instead of boring you with the extended version of this list, here is a highlight.
1) Become a Yogi. I made it a goal last year to start running, for the most part I was successful. I ran in a few races, but I can still handle to run more. This year I want to throw in yoga. After reading up on the practice and learning about all the benefits, I’m pretty excited to start. Instead of investing in a membership somewhere, I’m going to take this slow. I purchased a Jillian Michaels Yoga DVD. If I can stick with this for three months, then I can commit to a membership. I’m also thinking by the end of the year if yoga is still in my life, then a brand new outfit from Lululemon will be a nice reward.
2). Wear heels more. Sadly I learned from dressing up during the holidays that heels have become foreign objects to my feet. I didn’t realize how often I picked flats over heels. So it’s time to build up my collection and strut more. Hopefully my boyfriend won’t mind the increase in my height.
3) Find a signature lipstick color. Currently sitting in my make-up case are about 5 different lipsticks and none are being used. That just doesn’t seem right. I’ll be on a mission to find a great color to use year round.
4) DIY it up. I had so much fun making Christmas gifts that I haven’t been able to stop searching other crafts to make. DIY projects and decorating is a fun and creative hobby that I’d like to continue. Plus I have a box of left over materials that need to be used.
5) Eat at a new place once a month. Austin is full of restaurants and I always end up at the same places. Driving around one day I spotted about five places that looked amazing. I’ve already warned my friends that once a month we will venture out together to a discover these places. I’m taking friends along just in case the food isn’t good, I will have good company.
6) Finally, blog more! Enough said.